Hindu married women, especially in the northern part of India, are celebrating the festival today (on October 13, 2022). Find the moonrise timings below.
One of the biggest Hindu festivals of the year, Karwa Chauth, is here. Hindu married women, especially in the northern part of India, are celebrating the festival today (on October 13, 2022). On this day, women observe nirjala vrat (fasting without water and food) for their husband’s health and long life. A typical day during Karwa Chauth starts with sargi – a traditional meal that is eaten before sunrise. For the unversed, the sargi thali is gifted to the women by their mothers-in-law. The thali includes food, cosmetics, clothes, jewellery et al. On this day, women wear traditional clothes, perform puja in the evening and wait for moonrise to break their fast. Let’s find out the moonrise timings across India.
Karwa Chauth 2022: City-Wise Moonrise Timings In India:
Delhi- 08:09 pm
Noida- 08:09 pm
Gurugram- 08:11 pm
Jaipur- 08:19 pm
Agra- 08:09 pm
Amritsar- 08:12 pm
Jammu- 08:09 pm
Srinagar- 08:06 pm
Lucknow- 07:58 pm
Mumbai- 08:48 pm
Bangalore- 08:40 pm
Kolkata- 07:37 pm
Pune- 08:45 pm
Hyderabad- 08:28 pm
Karwa Chauth 2022: Tithi And Puja Muharat:
Karwa Chauth Puja Muhurat – 05:54 pm to 07:09 pm
Duration – 01 hour 15 mins
Karwa Chauth Upavasa Time – 06:20 am to 08:09 pm
Duration – 13 hours 49 mins
Chaturthi Tithi Begins – 01:59 am on October 13, 2022
Chaturthi Tithi Ends – 03:08 am on October 14, 2022
How To Break The Fast Post Moon Sighting And Karwa Chauth Puja:
Traditionally, the husbands break the fast (of the women) with water and sweets, which is then followed by a delicious feast. But what one should keep in mind is the fact that after a day-long fast, people tend to get bloated and acidic. This is why, it is important to keep the health factor in mind while consuming the Karwa Chauth meal. Here are a few tips you can follow:
- Sip water frequently after breaking the fast. This might help retain the lost water content in the body (due to fasting).
- Avoid fried food to prevent acidity, heartburn and indigestion.
- Include dry fruits in the meal to load you up with healthy nutrients. Dry fruits also help curb your hunger in a healthy way.
- Include probiotic foods like dahi, chaas, lassi etc in the meal. These foods help promote healthy gut bacteria and boost metabolism.
- Try to include light, non-oily food in your Karwa Chauth feast to avoid bloating.
Follow these basic tips and enjoy Karwa Chauth festival to the fullest. Happy Karwa Chauth 2022, ladies!